Sunday, May 25, 2014

Older versions of iCE

A fellow programmer asked me about older weaker versions of iCE to measure progress against. I think this is a nice idea. I remember when I started most of the programs I found were so strong iCE did lose almost every game. I measured progress by the moves until checkmate was delivered.

So I looked up my old files. I did not have an ice01 executable anymore but I still had a collection of the sources and they still compiled, yeah !

So here is a link to a fresh compile of old ice01. This version is from 2011. It is not able to use a book already.

http://www.fam-petzke.de/downloads/ice01.exe

I have no package of ice02 anymore. This was before I was using git. The sources were modified to become ice03 and I don't have the ones that compile to ice02 anymore.

But I still have a iCE 0.3 available. You find it here

http://www.fam-petzke.de/downloads/iCE_v03_2750.zip

Both ice01 and ice03 are only available as 32 bit versions. They don't compile as native x64 applications due to some inline assembler that I used. They run however fine on a x64 system, just a bit slower.

iCE 1.0 is the first iCE that is available as native x64 application.

Have fun with them. I hope they help.

No comments:

Post a Comment