|Shaker GUI Proto Type|
To relax a bit from the engine programming madness I worked a bit further on my GUI project. Here the challenges are completely different.
So far I have
- a somewhat working PGN parser. I have not tested it with a large collection of pgns so there might be some he cannot process (especially illegal ones)
- A game recorder that creates a pgn from manually played moves on the board including annotations.
- A simple tournament manager that is able to run some engine vs engine matches. It still needs a lot of configuration options. Everything is currently still hard coded.
- An interface to play an engine as a human.
- A working time control
- A simple analyses interface that analyzes a given position
So I think this will keep me entertained for a while and then I will probably very welcome a bit of simple engine programming again.